Wednesday, May 30, 2007

American Idol Season 6 finale!

While I wasn't able to watch the finale of American Idol due to my galivanting in NYC, I was able to watch the performances and fast forward through the finale on Tivo (seriously, was there anything worth watching in the finale? It even ran over 2 hours, so no one who Tivo'd it recorded the reveal!).

What I have to say can be summed up quite simply: Blake is a good performer. Jordin has a better voice. The single selected for the finalists to release was more in Jordin's genre, thus letting her end on a high note. And now Jordin can be roped into a 2 record deal, and Blake will have more freedom with his career.

While I think the runner up has to sign for a year with the AI company, the winner signs a 2 record deal. So while Melinda is better off than the other two with being able to choose her style of record, Blake should and will also have more freedom. And I know I've said it before, but I really can't stand Jordin. Her stage presence consists of her relying on her high notes, because her vibrato does not have any control, and she cowers when she sings. Her physicality onstage is awful. People keep saying "But she's only 17!" Yeah, she may be good for 17, but her age shouldn't be able to pass her off as an American Idol! I haven't even heard anything about her since last week...people were like "Jordin Sparks wins! Now on to something else..." I was kind of over this season...not really invested in it by the end. Hopefully there will be some great competitors next season!

Another good thing about this season being over...It's time for So You Think You Can Dance!!

No comments: