Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hollywood Headliners

-The CW announced this week that they are cancelling Gilmore Girls. The network failed to negotiate contracts with its stars, and they claim the show has become too expenive to produce. So without even a season warning, the last episode will air this month. Wouldn't you think that with a show as big and popular as Gilmore Girls that they would want to milk it for all its worth, do some heavy advertising for the last season, and go out with a bang (even though The OC didn't announce their final season until mid-way through, they still gave a good amount of notice and capitalized on the fact that the show was ending)? Instead, The CW seems to be pulling it off the air with only a few weeks to go in its season, and will have to tie up all of the loose ends very quickly. And I always hate when shows tie up loose ends too quickly (*ahem* Alias *ahem*). I guess I should look on the bright side...I've still never seen an episode of the show, but all of the box sets are sitting in my Blockbuster Online queue. Now I won't have to keep adding more seasons to my lineup!

-Britney Spears continued her mini-comback tour/mini comback-tour with a third performance this week. She performed her 11 minute set (if she continues this trend, she'll be walking on and walking right off by the end of next week!) at the House Of Blues on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood on Thursday night. Lindsay Lohan and Whitney Port from The Hills were in attendance.

-Jessica Biel has come public complaining that she loses film roles because she is considered to be 'too sexy.' She says she is not considered for many roles she wants because she does not fit the 'girl next door' type. I see where she's coming from. Being sexy is just so hard. You have to constantly deal with people telling you how gorgeous you are. It just ruins your life.

-The Kentucky Derby is this weekend. And scheduled to be in attendance are the likes of K-Fed, Larry Birkhead, and....Queen Elizabeth II. Wow. If that's not a testimony to what we consider royalty here in the U.S. versus the U.K., I don't know what is. Not that I consider Federline or Birkhead anything close to royalty, but you get my drift.

1 comment:

Julia said...

So I tried to watch the Gilmore Girls, but they cut into it with the Griffith Park fire. Now, I realize that this is important for many people in the LA area, but seriously, did they HAVE to take up the ENTIRE episode's time with images of the flames and reporters talking about how hot it was? Seriously.