Wednesday, May 9, 2007

It'll be 45 nights...not just one...for Paris

I feel the obligation to weigh in Paris Hilton's current court situation, but I'm just so exhausted from it.

So, she gets sentenced to 45 days in jail. And I'm pretty sure her family are the only people who find this surprising. Let's look at the facts:
  • Girlfriend gets a DUI
  • Girlfriend gets caught TWICE driving with a suspended liscence.
  • Girlfirend fails to enroll in an alcohol education program within 30 days.

And you're surprised she gets sentenced to jail? I suppose it can be argued that she is being treated unfairly and being set an example for the plethora of celebrities (and the everyman's too) getting DUI's as of late (I guess Ty Pennington isn't as wholesome as we all thought he was). But a celebrity who gets off scott free will be criticized for being given the special treatment, and a celebrity who gets a severe sentence will claim they are being treated unfairly because of their social status. Look at the facts: She violated her parole THREE times. If I did that, well, let's just say I would be afraid to pick up the soap.

Then there's my dearest Ginger's defense: She only has an 8th grade education. Well, she should at least know better than to listen to her manager and listen to the police officer or the judge who gives her the initial sentence. Oh wait, that's right, she's too important to even show up to her court appointment. I have no sympathy for her and her apparently tiny brain. No matter how much classroom knowledge she has, she has enough worldly knowledge to know how things work. I have a college degree, but if it weren't for hanging out with friends who get DUI's, I wouldn't know what the punishment for a first time offender is. It's no different for Paris.

The only thing that complicates this case in my mind is the fact that her manager confessed to telling Paris false information about her suspended liscence. Girlfriend should milk that for all it's worth, 'cause it's her only hope at getting her sentence reduced.

No matter what, though, you're going to jail. And that's not so hot, is it?

No comments: