Friday, May 4, 2007

Big RENT news!

Ok, two things. Number 1, Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp will return to the show for like six weeks or something over the summer. Very cool. Too bad I don't live in New York. Oh, but wait, it doesn't matter b/c I have a bootleg of the original cast on video. :) Another original cast member, Gwen Stewart (who I actually saw as Joanne the first time I saw the show in NYC, along with Norbert Leo Butz as Roger and Michael McElroy as Collins) is currently back in the show for a limited time, replacing Frenchie Davis as the Seasons of Love soloist.

Also, they just announced that Tamyra Gray will play Mimi from May thru November. I don't know why I didn't think of that before, but it seems like a no-brainer. I've been re-watching season 1 of AI thanks for American Idol Rewind (ooh the season 1 finale airs tomorrow nite), and I was reminded just how amazing she is, and just how robbed she was by only finishing in 4th place. She should have been in the finale with Kelly, dammit!
That ought to tighten up the slackening ticket sales!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I've always thought Adam Pascal's voice was too whiny. Eeew. No thanks.

Brian said...

I would love to see him in RENT, but I saw him in Aida before he left the show, and he was AWFUL! Very like, "I know I'm good and I don't care." But he wasn't good.