Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm baaaaaack!

I'm finally back from my NYC/DC trip! I had so much fun, and it was such an envigorating and enlighting vacation! I'm planning a bunch of updates and reviews on the shows I saw in New York (Altar Boyz, Spring Awakening, Legally Blonde, Talk Radio), plus my huge Tony's entry predicting the outcome of the awards on June 10th.

There is such an amazing buzz going around the city between the announcement of the Tony nominations and the awards. The bills in front of the theaters have new signs advertising their nominations, and you can hardly walk down the street without overhearing someone discussing the nominees.

Speaking of walking down the street, how awesome is celebrity spotting? I've grown a bit accustomed to it in LA, but seeing a whole new batch of celebrities in NYC is great fun! Among the celebs spotted (not necessarily A list, but exciting all the same) are David Hyde Pierce (walking through a street fair on 9th Ave., probably on his way to the theater), Cheyenne Jackson (looking smokin' as he walked toward me in a suit & tie), Joey McIntyre (walking his pooch with his girlfriend. I actually wouldn't have noticed him unless he blurted out his own name while telling a story), Ryan Duncan (the original Altar Boy, Juan, on the subway. He got on a stop after me and then got off at the same stop in Harlem...guess he lives in my friend Ryan's neighborhood), Naomie Watts (one afternoon near the theater where bf Liev Schreiber performs Talk Radio each night), Joey Lawrence (signing autographs outside the stage door at Chicago), and Kevin Spacey (also signing autographs after A Moon For The Misbegotten). Then of course there were all of the big theater names I saw in the shows, which was great. And I was only there for 5 days!

1 comment:

Nora said...

Awww, yay! I'm glad you had such a fantastic time. It was great to get to see you. . . sorry I couldn't stick around for dinner on Saturday, but the beach was calling to me.

Miss you already!

[Please note that I did not reprimand you in any way in this comment.]